What is IFES?
IFES is all about students! We work in more than 160 countries to establish student-led indigenous Christian movements. We value our diversity and our unity around a common vision and statement of faith. While we work primarily with university students, in some countries high school students and graduates are also part of the national ministry. If you are a part of a national movement on your campus (like KGK Japan, UESI India or AFES Australia for example), then you are part of something bigger. You are ‘our people’.
The beliefs of IFES
IFES is founded on the central truths of biblical Christianity as outlined in the IFES doctrinal basis. IFES is a non-denominational organisation that brings together Christians from all cultures, languages and Christian traditions. Every four years the IFES Fellowship meets at World Assembly to reaffirm their commitment to the biblical truths expressed in our doctrinal statement.
The IFES doctrinal basis shall be the central truths of Christianity, as revealed in Scripture, including:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
For more information about IFES, click here